A leather sheepskin jacket is undoubtedly one of the most outstanding pieces of garments that anyone can own. It not only provides protection in extremely cold climates, but it also looks inevitably gorgeous on every woman who dons it rightly. Trust us ladies, these fashion beauties can last really long if you take proper care of them. However, when you the purchase women leather sheepskin jacket online, you might not get adequate caring instructions. This is why we have enlisted a few tips that you can follow to take proper care of your leather sheepskin jacket.
- Do not brush or rub your sheepskin jacket when it’s wet.
- Store it away from direct sunlight.
- Do not store a sheepskin jacket in a plastic or any other bag that restricts air flow.
- Instead of a dry cleaner, leather sheepskin jackets should be taken to sheepskin and leather experts.
- Do not expose the jacket to direct heat from dryers, radiators, or more.
- Prior to wearing the jacket, spray a sheepskin protectant all over it.
- Although you can definitely wear your leather sheepskin jacket in snow, it is advisable that you do not wear them when it rains or you should at least take measures to protect them from getting wet.
- If it so happens that the jacket becomes wet due to some reason, you should shake it nicely and then use a dry towel to blot excess water. After this, you should hang the jacket at room temperature to dry naturally. Remember not to dry it near any heat source.
- Do not rub your sheepskin jacket when it is wet as this can make it absorb more moisture.
- Once the jacket dries completely, use a soft brush to untangle the clots.
- You must always find a cool and dry place where you can store the leather sheepskin jacket. This place should be away from the direct sunlight.
- Do not fold the jacket for storing. Rather, place it over a hanger to prevent creases.
- It is best to store a leather sheepskin jacket in a nylon bag to prevent it from getting dried out.
Even if you take all the necessary measures to keep your sheepskin jacket clean, it is likely to attract dust every now and then. This is why you may feel the need to clean it at some point. You can use lukewarm water and regular soap for this. Absolutely do not use powdered detergents. Gently rub soapy water using a sponge over the sheepskin jacket and leave it to dry as described above.
Stain removal tips
- It is not very difficult to get rid of stains from the leather sheepskin jacket and so we advise that you steer clear of getting it dry cleaned.
- In case you end up with some tough stains on your jacket, the best is to simply take it to a leather and sheepskin expert who is highly skilled to deal with such issues.
- Alternatively, apply some cornstarch over the stain and once it dries, gently shake the jacket to remove it. You can use a gentle brush to remove the excess.
- Lighter stains can be dealt with by gently using a scouring pad over it.
Being vigilant when purchasing women leather jacket online is highly important. However, once you make the right purchase, you also need to take necessary steps for proper care and maintenance. We hope the aforementioned tips will prove useful to you in this respect.