If you want a jacket that brings a real touch of elegance and class, you must definitely go for a leather blazer and refer jackets out for size. One of the best blends of a timeless trend with the unique look of original leather, leather blazers and reefers can be worn to suit individual style and personality. Whether you want to wear these over your formal attire or you want to dress up for a casual event with a t-shirt and jeans, it is sure to give you an effortless class of fashion and style. Leather jackets and reefers have all been made to offer you the most comfortable fit which means you’ll always feel classy when you are wearing one.
But, bear in mind that jackets made from leather are not cheap- they are an expensive investment. If you own one and plan to keep it for long then it is very necessary that you clean and regularly condition it with the right products. Besides, there are a few more maintenance tips and techniques that you must follow to ensure your jacket last long. The following are just a few cleaning and maintenance tips.
- A damp cloth and normal water are all that you need to wipe down your leather blazer. This will remove the dust and dirt and will also prevent the jacket from staining.
- If there is any type of stain on your leather jacket, be very vigilant to read the washing label before applying any kind of cleaning product. To ensure the cleaning solution is safe, test it on a small hidden area of your jacket before putting it onto the larger areas.
- Once you’ve washed or wiped the jacket, let it air dry. Don’t leave it wet on the floor or use any kind of heating device. This can cause mold that could potentially damage the entire quality of your jacket.
- When the jacket has dried completely, apply a layer of a good quality leather conditioner. This is not only an advised step for post-cleaning, but it’s as significant as cleaning. Always remember that without proper conditioning, the leather can dry up causing your jacket to crack and lose its original color.
- To apply the conditioner, first, test it in a discreet area and then use another piece of a cloth or a brush to gently rub it onto the leather.
- Once done, allow the jacket to air dry as you did after cleaning it.
Always remember to treat your leather blazer and reefer jackets with utmost care. Make sure you hang it up when not in use and avoid wearing it in heavy rain. If you notice dirt and mud on the jacket, clean it immediately with a cloth and water so that it does not stain.
When you’ve followed these tips carefully, you’ll see the difference in the texture of your leather jacket almost immediately. Your jacket will look brand new after the cleaning. Keep in mind that conditioning can be done regularly to ensure the jacket looks fresh and clean after years of use. Ultimately, good leather and reefer jackets are meant to last, but only when they are properly maintained and cared of. So, be very careful and make sure you clean it correctly when required.